Pay for Print. Due Diligence. Boston Public Library.

Newsgroups: alt.freedom.of.information.act,
            alt.censorship,
            ne.general,
            ne.politics,
            misc.education
http://groups.google.com

For other aficionados of our cities' public libraries
 out there, here's a specimen of the
 Boston Public Library publication series GAN 2001
 General Administrative Notices, legitimately public.
 GANs can be requested via email
http://www.bpl.org/general/seniorstaff.htm

 From: Cheryl Delaney  BPL Presidents Office
       Special library Assistant IV
       cdelaney@bpl.org
 To: staff@bpl.org
 Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 6:03 PM
 Subject: Gan 125

 PayforPrintGAN.DOC
 Type .DOC : Scanning recommended

 Remember:
  You need to scan and clean your attachments every time
  you download or open them.

 Scan With Norton Antivirus
 Download File
 View Attachment

 BOSTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
 Pay for Print

 To Members of the Staff:

 The Boston Public Library is presently planning a
  Pay for Print Program, offered by Xerox Corporation
  through an existing State Contract, for the
  central library and each of its 27 branches.

  The purpose of this type of program is to provide
  affordable printing support for our patrons while at
  the same time reducing excessive printing from public
  workstations.

 Prior to commencing a Pay for Print Program, Xerox must
  perform lots of pre-work, commonly referred to as
  "Due Diligence".

  Due Diligence is primarily capturing data regarding
  the physical layout of the central library and our
  branches and the workstations and printers being used
  by our patrons.

  The data gathered during the Due Diligence process
  will aid us in evaluating our present requirements.

 Additionally, the library will convene a
  cross-functional "Pay for Print Group" to discuss
  and/or establish the policies associated with a Pay
  for Print Program and how the library should implement
  the program.

  Input from the Pay for Print group coupled with the
  Due Diligence will assist in determining how a
  Pay for Print Program should be configured and
  implemented to deliver the service levels we wish to
  provide to our patrons.

 Xerox has worked with other large libraries in
  instituting this type of solution.

  The Xerox team will be visiting the central library
  and the branches from July 30th through August 17th to
  gather information.

  Each of the Xerox team members will be wearing a Xerox
  badge.

 Pay for Print is an important initiative and FY02
  budget commitment for the Boston Public Library.

  Your input and cooperation is critical to its success.

  If you have any questions, please direct them to
  Edward Maheigan, Business Office Budget
  and Procurement Manager at
  tel 617.536.5400 x2364
http://www.bpl.org/mbln/ilsrfp.asp

  Ed will be serving as Project Manager for this
  implementation and will work with Xerox to conduct the
  Due Diligence within our organization.

 Thank you in advance for your patience, input, and
  cooperation.

 Kathleen Kirleis
http://www.bpl.org/general/seniorstaff.htm
 Chief Financial Officer
 July 2001

Guide to Problematical Boston Public Library Use
http://GuideToProblematicalLibraryUse.WebLogs.com/stories
http://GuideToProblematicalLibraryUse.WebLogs.com
http://livejournal.com/users/dsaklad
http://geocities.com/dsaklad