Hard-to-find book

I was wondering if anyone on this wonderful
list has a copy of the following book which he
or she would be willing to sell to a colleague of
mine here at work.  It is VERY hard to find, as
it is an engineering text and went out of print in
1991, according to the publisher, who also said
they destroyed all unsold copies of the book.  :  (

FATIGUE AND FRACTURE IN STEEL BRIDGES

JOHN W. FISHER

WILEY INTERSCIENCE

1984

ISBN   0-471-80469-X

I even called the author and left a message with his
secretary, and am waiting to hear from her.

I have already searched the Web with no luck.
I also called several local bookstores which
might carry such a book - also no luck.

If we cannot find the book, we will just have to
borrow a copy from a library, which is not really
satisfactory, because my colleague wants a copy
for reference.

By the way, my boss says Dr. Fisher is an icon in his field -
civil engineering, and is surprised that the book is out of print.

I hope someone knows where there might be a
copy of this important book.

Margaret Monroe

Caltrans Office Technician (Typing)
(UN-official Record-keeper for all records
in District 4 of all State-owned toll bridges in
Northern California)

State of California
Department of Transportation
District 4
Structure Maintenance & Investigations, Toll Bridges
Room 10-400
P. O. Box  23660
Oakland, CA  94623-0660

Phone: 510-286-6188