Photo storage

Another question that's probably come up a thousand times, but I've never
had the chance to get to any of my photo collections before and It's the
first time I'm really going to deal with them.

I'd like some advice from anyone who's handled photo collections:

1) Is there a reccommended way to store photos?  Upright?  Flat?

2) Should all photos be placed in Mylar/Polyethylene sleeves? Is there a
preferred product between those two options?

3) Is there a limit to how many prints should go into a particular folder
(other than "don't overstuff")

4) What can be done to minimize curling?

There may be more, but that's what I can think of right now.  All help
appreciated, and as always, you can mail me offlist if people are bored of
seeing this one in public.  And don't bother mailing me with "me toos"
please - if I get enough useful responses, I'll summarize for the list.

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
mailto:dsokolow@nshs.edu