From: Mr Robert D. Shuster [mailto:Robert.D.Shuster@WHEATON.EDU]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 7:13 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Morning sickness in the archives

I had a researcher recently who asked if she could have some crackers
with her at her desk.  I told her no food or drink was permitted in the
archives.  Then she said she was having morning sickness and
nibbling on the crackers helped her from getting nauseous, so I said
she could keep a few at her desk.  Has anyone else had a similar
situation at their archives?  How have they handled it?  It is a small
question, but I had never thought of it before, so I was curious what
other archivists would do.

Bob Shuster
BGC Archives