Re: Help needed - "deaccessioning"

I would sugest you contact the friendly folks at Owls Head Transportation
Museum, Owls Head, Maine. They've been holding an annual auction including
such material form many years and it has been very successful for them. They
should be able to answer all your questions from their vast experience...

>1.    Has any other organizaation done such a thing?
>2.    Are there any statutes that may apply concerning how long a donation
>of this scale, on the order of $1,000 to $5,000 appraisal value, be retained
>before         it is deaccessioned?
>3.    Would accessioning and deaccessioning would even apply in this
>situation?
Cheers,   Joe Gertler