Re: Help needed - "deaccessioning"

Could your situation parallel our policy on donated books?  If we want to
add them to the collection, we do.  If we don't need them, they are never
accessioned, but can be sold (to raise money for our staff professional
fund).  Of course, this involved policy-making, permission from various
higher-ups, legal offices, etc.  Donors are explicitly informed that we
may or may not keep the items; if we don't we may sell them.

|((|  Ellen Chapman
|))|  Archivist for Congressional Papers
|((|  University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
|))|  2550 McCarthy Mall
|((|  Honolulu HI 96822  USA
|))|