Need advice

Hi

I am doing an internship at an organization who wants to preserve their history but they don't know how to go about developing a type of archive/museum to preserve the items they have.

What would be some resources they could look into? Where is a good place to get acid free folder, paper, envelopes? What effect does flourcent light have on pages of books. How can they protect original letters from trn of the century from their founder. What kind of storage units should they consider? What kind of cost are they looking at?

If you have any comments or suggestions I would welcome them

Thank you

Sarah