Pre-SAA information -- Women Archivists Roundtable (WAR)

Hello list members --  WAR, The Women Archivists Roundtable (formerly
Women's Professional Archival Issues Roundtable, WPAIR), has been busy
this summer, and we have a few things to share with the list before our
meeting at SAA.  Co-Chair Lee Eltzroth, Website creator Debbie Richards,
and myself would like to make a few announcements prior to our SAA
meeting:

 ** With many thanks and a hats-off to Debbie Richards, our website is
now up and available at http://www.geocities.com/saawar/  Check it out!!

** Featured on the website is our "Women in the Archival Profession
Survey."  This survey was designed with the help of the WAR Steering
Committee and membership and is a means by which WAR can interpret the
perceptions of its membership as well as those of other women in the
profession. Included are questions related to respondents? work
(including their geographic location, work "climate," professional
activity, education, training and responsibilities), and the balance of
work and home (flextime, child and elder care, professional and personal
leave), as well some questions related to working with "women?s
collections." The Women Archivists Roundtable believes the compiled
results of this survey will enable them to bring those issues important
to women in the profession to the archival public.

Please take a moment and print out the page from the website, and send
it to Amy Cooper (address on the survey itself, and below) by October
15.  We will also have copies to hand out at SAA, during office hours.

Please Note: The contact address for the survey will be changing as of
October 1; however for now, please do send the surveys to Amy Cooper's
South Dakota address. The new contact address will appear on the website
survey as soon as it becomes effective.

** WAR Office Hours are 12 - 1 on Friday, August 31. Stop by and see us.
The meeting of WAR will take place on Saturday, September 1 from 8 -
9:30 AM in the "Military" room at the conference site.  No, I'm not
joking about that room name -- that comes directly from the  preliminary
Schedule-At-A-Glance, but please check the location when you
get there, just to be sure.

** Dinner at SAA:  WAR and the Women's Caucus are joining together for a
dinner on  Thursday, August 30 at 7 PM, at the Pan Asian Noodle House.
Members interested in  going should contact Lee Eltzroth
(libwom@langate.gsu.edu).  You can check out further information about
this dinner on the website under "Activities".

Looking forward to seeing all WAR members, both current and new, at SAA!

Best,
Amy Cooper
Co-Chair, Women Archivists Roundtable
Assistant Professor Amy Cooper