Re: Thank your members, and make them aware of abuses

Hyman,
I will certainly forward your thanks to our members. In the case of the persons who contacted the authorities, I'm certain they did so because they were concerned about the welfare of the poster, not because they wanted to report an email abuse/hoax to the authorities. Normally, our members will simply ignore or delete suspicious postings, but given the reference to self-destruction in this particular post, I fully understand why the authorities were contacted.
Thank you for letting us know what was going on, and I hope you will not experience this sort of problem again.

Sincerely,
Bob Schmidt
Archives Listserve Coordinator
Miami University Archives
Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-6720
rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu

Hyman Brenner wrote:

Hello - Pls let me know - can you thank your members on my behalf when they showed their concern on my behalf - and let them know that their concern was much appreciated. Also, the police did call me as a follow-up.

I am wondering if you could issue some type of notice to your members to ask them to verify  any future messages of this type, to make sure that they are not taken in by abuse/hoax type of situation.   Thank you.     Hyman