Free to a good home

Does anyone out there know of a good home for a boxed (glass front for
viewing) set of:

   Zirconium Metal Flatware (3 forks, 3 spoons, 2 knives plus a little metal
submarine pin and commemorative button) described as "a sample of that made by
Carborundum Metals Co. and presented to the U.S.S. Nautilus, the first nuclear
powered submarine. CMC produced the zirconium ingot used in manufacturing the
core for the Nautilus." -- this handlettered on the back. General Dynamics'
name appears on the button, I think.

  According to the potential donor, department heads at Westinghouse
(contracted with Atomic Energy Commission) were presented with these
commemorative sets when the sub was launched in Connecticut in 1954.

  We will not be accepting it, but if anyone knows of an appropriate place,
please contact me and I will put you in touch with the person who contacted
us. Perhaps someone knows of a museum listserv to which this could be
forwarded.

  Thanks for any suggestions.

Valerie E. Elliott, Head
Smith Library of Regional History
15 S. College Ave.
Oxford, OH  45056

Phone (513) 523-3035  / Fax (513) 523-6661
email v.elliott@lanepl.org