Georgia State University Special Collections is Temporarily Closed

As of August 21st at 5:15 p.m., on-site reference service for Special Collections, Pullen Library at Georgia State University will be closed until further notice.    For information about collections or Internet sources please visit our website at http://www.library.gsu.edu/spcoll/.

During the brick refacing project on Pullen Library South on the Georgia State University campus, engineers discovered that the exterior subwalls were not properly reinforced at the time of construction in 1987.

"After reviewing the reports of the structural engineers, I have ordered that floors 2-8 of Library South be closed at 5:15 p.m. today (Aug. 21) and will remain closed until structural repairs to the building are complete," said Carl V. Patton, president of Georgia State.

"I greatly appreciate the effort the library staff will be making to serve the university community during this reconstruction period," Patton said.  Library South was built by the Georgia State Financing and Investment Commission at the request of the Board of Regents for use by Georgia State University.

For more information please visit www.library.gsu.edu.