From: "Tami Morse McGill" <tamimcgill@yahoo.com>
To: <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: RAIN 8/22: archival entrepreneur

Kim Schroeder taught a class on "Visual Indexing" last year at San Jose
State
University's School of Library and Information Science, where I am a
student.
At that time her company, Archive Impact, provided indexing and abstracting
services for image collections, including photographs and film.  Their area
of
expertise was squarely in the area of librarianship, not archiving, though
they
may have broadened their focus since then.  She certainly perceives her work
as
librarianship, not archiving.

She is a dynamic and interesting person, and well deserves the award (I know
you're not implying otherwise.)  Congratulations, Kim!

Tami Morse McGill
Student, San Jose State University
tamimcgill@yahoo.com

--- Jill L Schneider <jschnidr@USGS.GOV> wrote:
> Too bad she's not proud to be an archivist.....
>
> Jill L Schneider
> USGS - Alaska Technical Data Unit
> 907-786-7457
> jschnidr@usgs.gov
> http://minerals.usgs.gov/west/alaska.html
>

> Detroit News 8/21/01
> Archival entrepreneur gains leadership honor
> http://www.detnews.com/2001/business/0108/21/b02-274081.htm
>
> by Kathy Krolicki
> Special to the Detroit News
> Kim Schroeder is proud to be a librarian.
> The founder of Archive Impact Inc. and recipient of this year's Wayne
State