Re: Question about Reference questions

Hi Amy.

I don't know that I'd consider us a small shop, but since we're not big either I hope this will help.  Our patron records are scheduled for a 3 year retention after which they are destroyed.  Since we compile user stats (#s of users, #s of series used, #s of types of requests, etc) for reporting, those end up being  permanent.  So far we haven't been snowed under with our own paperwork, but a lot of our process is automated so we don't generate as much paper as we used to.  (the electronic stuff has a 3 year retention as well.)

Arlene Schmuland
Patron Services Archivist
Utah State Archives Research Center
aschmula@das.state.ut.us