Re: Guard Diaries

>I am looking for diaries or journals dealing with the National Guard
mobilization in 1916 and 1917 along the Mexican border. Anyone out there who
has come across one please let me know.

Hi!

You may want to contact our archivist in charge of our Military Collections,
Sion Harrington.  He may have some information for you.  I will forward your
message to him.

Regards,
Bill

"There are no bad regiments, there are only bad officers."
                       Field Marshall Lord Slim
William H. (Bill) Brown, C.A.
Governors' Records Archivist (Archivist II)
North Carolina State Archives
4615 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-4615
919-733-3540 (T)