Re: Friday Funnies...a bit early

>>> Cynthia Van Ness <bettybarcode@YAHOO.COM> 08/30/01 12:33PM >>>

>Actually, I like genealogical researchers.  Only a few are a real
>problem, those who behave as though I'm deliberately withholding
>their ancestors, and I oughta get the hell out of the way.

>Why I like them is the subject of another message, which I'll
>consider writing and sharing with everyone, if there's interest.

Please do tell us all. I replied to Art privately after he originally posted his list, but I guess I'll go public now. I have developed a talk, which I gave, among other places, at the National Genealogical Society conference in Portland, OR, in May, called "Are Your Ancestors in an Archive?" and incorporated a few items that had appeared on the Archives list, with a warning to people that they should be careful that they don't act in such a way as to make them the subject of humorour comments on the Archives List. I may include some of the commandments when I update the talk (whenever someone else asks me to present it). It might be nice to include a few notes about why (at least some) archivists like genealogical researchers.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive