Re: National Archives Day/Week/Month?

As a matter of fact, the second week (roughly - it's usually around then) of
October is celebrated as Archives Week around the country, though I don't
believe it's an official "National" week.  Many repositories, local and
regional groups, and others celebrate the week with events, workshops,
exhibits, etc.  Several URLs of interest (though some are from last year)
include:

Archives Resource Center
http://www.coshrc.org/arc/archweek01.htm

NY State Archives
http://www.archives.nysed.gov/pubs/local-pub/pub54/introduc.htm

Society of Georgia Archivists
http://www.soga.org/aw/2001/aw2001.htm

My own group, the Archivists Round Table of Metropolitan New York (NYART)
has a full schedule of events listed on our site (I'm the webmaster):

http://www.nycarchivists.org/aweek.html

Be sure also to check out our Family History Fair Page (there will be more
information updated soon)

http://www.nycarchivists.org/fhf.html

If you haven't already planned something, it's never too late to throw
together a brief lecture or introduction to archives for visitors, patrons,
and interested bystanders.

Incidentally, there was a talk delivered at SAA by Susan McElrath on
Archives Week in DC and efforts to use it as a vehicle to publicize the
efforts of archives & archivists.

DS

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021