From: "Geri E. Solomon" <Geri.E.Solomon@HOFSTRA.EDU>
To: <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU>
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 10:50 AM
Subject: Friday funnies

> Listservers,
>
> Take it from the folks in University Archives, genealogists are not the
only ones who like to talk (sometimes incessantly) about their topics. Have
you ever had a Ph.D. candidate go on and on about their topic, that, while
interesting is perhaps, is of real  interest ONLY to the one doing the
research!!  The real difficulty is that it takes up way too much staff time
to go over every find or every intriguing detail.  We like these folks too,
don't get me wrong, but a small dose of this goes a LONG way.