From: Patricia Galloway [mailto:galloway@GSLIS.UTEXAS.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 9:35 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: documenting 9/11/01

I investigated what happened to records when the WTC was bombed before,
and it turned out that most of the electronic records of larger
businesses in the towers were properly backed up offsite and only the
day's work was lost. Most of the larger ones, in addition, had records
management plans in place and had only current paper records on file.
The sad thing to note is that though we are doing a better job in
backing up and saving the records, we still dangerously and in some
respects needlessly concentrate the people.

Pat Galloway
GSLIS
University of Texas-Austin