gas

Here in Illinois/Iowa Quad Cities, I received a call around 2:00 central
time from a friend in southern Illinois telling me to go fill up. I did, and
by the time I left work at 4:30, there were thirty-car lines at all area gas
stations. Four lane roads became two lane roads, with outside lanes used for
gas lines. The radio reported that smaller towns in Illinois, most with
populations of under 10,000 people, were the first to raise prices.
I just moved from Washington DC a few months ago, and it was the closest
thing I have seen to big city traffic since my return.

On another note, I think that the dialogue on the listserv is very
important, and a positive way for people to lend support to others,
especially our colleagues in the immediately affected areas. We may get a
bit hot under the collar, but that's because we are all affected in a very
personal way that many of us, though far removed from incidents, don't quite
understand yet.

Best wishes,
Neil

Neil Dahlstrom