Gas Prices

Hi Everyone,

Since I saw a news report on this topic, I thought that I would share it.

This morning, on ABC News, Peter Jennings discussed the rising gas prices
that occurred after yesterday's attack. I don't recall who he was speaking
with at the time, but Jennings inquired about reports that gas prices were
rising and was told that the price of gas is not affected by the attacks.
Therefore, many owners of gas stations throughout the country were simply
trying take to take advantage of the public at the time of crisis.

Jennings later reported that Mobil, Exxon, and other large gas companies
were outraged that some owners raised their prices, particulaly since the
rising prices caused a greater sense of panic. I believe that all stations
have now returned back to their normal prices. Also according to Jennings,
one gas station owner in the midwest, who raised his prices yesterday, is
now filling tanks for free in an effort to clear his conscious.

--Tanya

Tanya L. Marshall, M.L.S.

College of Information Studies
4111C Hornbake Library