Re: Old CNN footage?

I have heard this as well.  The government did this during the Persian Gulf War too. It came to light 10 years later.

Carmen Lee wrote:

Dear archivists,

A friend forwarded this to me and asked me if I could help to shed some light on it.  But I am just a retired person who sometimes volunteers at a local archive - not a "real" archivist.  So perhaps experts out there can provide more information.

Thank you.

Lee
===================================

Independent Media Center
http://chicago.indymedia.org:8081

CNN USING 1991 FOOTAGE of celebrating Palistinians to manipulate you
Thursday 13 Sep 2001
author: Re-post

summary
one set of images called my attencion: the Palestinians celebrating the
bombing, out on the streets, eating some cake and making funny faces for the
camera. Well, THOSE IMAGES WERE SHOT BACK IN 1991!!! Those are images of
Palestinians celebrating the invasion of Kuwait!

web link
http://indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=63288&group=webcast