From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On
Behalf Of Kathleen Mary Ohlson Senft
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 12:16 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Question about museum exhibit design

Hello list,

I am posting a question below on behalf of a friend of mine who asked me
for ideas about how to get into exhibit design. He is currently working
as a graphic designer at an internet firm.

Here is his description of his ideal job:

i would like to talk to you about one of my dreams to design museum
displays

my ideal situation is this:

myself, a writer/archivist, a 3D artist

the writer/archivist takes all the information and picks out the best
stuff and rewrites it to be more presentable. myself and the 3D artist
figure out how to oganize it visually. we would work for different
musuems, not in-house for one

how do you think i could go about doing this?