From: Andrews David [mailto:davidandrews27@HOTMAIL.COM]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 1:44 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Question - and a Question?

This may not be the final word on event classification, but the public mind
(and its co-creator, the journalistic mind) is rapidly adopting "9-11" as
the shorthand for the day's happenings and their repercussions.

Now for another practical question: who is collecting the documents
recovered from the WTC destruction.  The NYPD or federal government, as
evidence?  Individual companies?  Individuals retrieving them from the
records?  What is the predicted disposition of these records?

I was born in Manhattan and educated at NYU.  Working at a contract archival
position in the midwest, my gut wish on September 11 and since has been to
go to Manhattan and help.  My contract here ends with the month of November.
  If there is any corporate or scholarly archives, or government agency,
that will begin accessioning, processing, cataloging and describing the WTC
paper fallout, I wish some list member would bring this message to their
attention.  There is no job I would rather have.

David Andrews
The Joint Archives of Holland
andrews@hope.edu