Re: Floating Barrel used to establish Louisiana-Mississippi boundary?

No answer, but another story. When the border between California and Oregon
was surveyed, the story has it that terrible weather and brutal terrain led
one survey party to do much of the work from the confines of their tent,
resulting in a border that was still being shown as being somewhat
indefinite on USGS maps of the 1960s and 1970s. Parts of the border between
California and Nevada southeast of Lake Tahoe are also somewhat vague,
although I don't recall why.

Best wishes,

Thomas Berry, Archivist
Historical Construction Equipment Association
16623 Liberty Hi Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Phone 419-352-5616
Fax 419-352-6086