Re: privacy in the PL

It's interesting to read this analysis Sue Kamm!
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/PubLib/archive/0109/0253.html

At our Boston Public Library, Reference Desk Requests have
 been reported to City Hall as a kind of deterrent to
 access to legitimiately public city records in our public library.

 For example, requesting our public library policies,
 departmental reports and consultants reports on
 collection development can get you reported to City Hall
 contrary to RUSA guidelines and intellectual freedom principles
http://www.ala.org/rusa/stnd_behavior.html
http://www.ala.org/rusa/standard.html

Kind regards and best wishes,
oo__ dWs