Optical Imaging Systems

Hello:

Although I have been a member of the list for awhile, this is my  first question to the list.  I have been asked by one of the Associate Vice-Presidents of Academic Affairs for the university to find out if any states, especially in the surrounding area, have retention guidelines for universities and colleges that recognize the use of optical imaging systems to keep permanent, archival records for university/college documents?  Currently, this is not the case for many documents in Oklahoma and he is looking for the information as a way to suggest to the Oklahoma Archives and Records Commission that they change their policy.  This not to say I agree with the Vice-President's idea, just that I have to gather the information.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Ann
Ann Fuhrman
Coordinator, University Archives
Special Collections and University Archives
Edmon Low Library
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK  74078-1071
(405) 744-7372