Re: EDM

I recommend that you consider EDMS software products that have met reasonably rigorous recordkeeping requirements, such as those that have been certified under the 5015.2 Records Management Application standard in use in the US.  You can find the standard and the products that have been certified against it at: http://jitc.fhu.disa.mil/recmgt/

However, it would be a mistake to think that simply installing an enterprise document management system, even a 5015.2 system, will solve your problems. There is a great deal of policy, procedural, organizational and training that must be in place to make these systems work properly in a trustworthy recordkeeping environment, which is what is really needed to manage documents and other records from before creation until ultimate disposition.

You will find numerous papers on the subject on my website, including some recent conference presentations related to ongoing implementation projects.

Regards,

Rick Barry
www.rbarry.com