Disintegrating technology knowledge

That's not limited to the older crowd.  My daughter at age three decided to
use the computer (Tandy 1000) one morning when her parents hadn't yet gotten
up.  I did get up of course, when she came to tell me that the computer
wasn't booting up right (yes, she had learned "booting up" was how a
computer started.)  When I checked out the situation I discovered that she'd
done everything right (how'd she learn that?) except to put the 5.25 floppy
in upside down.  This, naturally, was before the vinyl stuff was
doublesided...

She learned how to do it (I still hate getting up at six a.m. on Saturday)
but as for older history professors...

Holly Hodges
Virginia