H. (Hiram) Ralph Burton

Colleagues,

I am currently processing the papers of H. (Hiram) Ralph Burton, which
we received quite a number of years ago. His CV is quite impressive as,
among other things, he was Special Investigator, Senate Campaign
Expenditures Committee 1938-1939 and 1940-1941, General Counsel to the
House Military Affairs Committee from 1941 - 1947 and Chief
Investigator, Senate Committee on Post Office and Civil Service. In
addition to this, he was a bar member of the US Supreme Court and
founder/life member of the National Press Club. With all of these
activities, one would think that finding some biographical information
on the man would be easy. Unfortunately, that's not the case.  I have
scoured every source I can think of, and even have some of our reference
librarians working on this. If anyone can shed any light on this person
it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Christine M. Amadure
Reference & Processing Archivist