Re: Amazing coincidences

I was much dismayed when it turned out that my pestiest patron in Alaska
turned out to be from my hometown in New Jersey !!!  =(       (he graduated
from same high school 20+ years earlier)

Jill L Schneider
USGS - Alaska Technical Data Unit
907-786-7457
jschnidr@usgs.gov
http://alaskaminerals.wr.usgs.gov

                    Cynthia Van Ness
                    <bettybarcode@YAHOO.        To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
                    COM>                        cc:
                    Sent by: Archives &         Subject:     Amazing coincidences
                    Archivists
                    <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.M
                    UOHIO.EDU>

                    10/05/2001 10:13 AM
                    Please respond to
                    Cynthia Van Ness

Seeing as how Friday funnies began on Thursday, I thought folks on
the list might enjoy tossing out stories of amazing on-the-job
coincidences.

Like the time I posted a message to this list and a subscriber wrote
me to tell me that at the very moment my message arrived, he had been
processing a collection about someone with my last name.

Or the time I was at the reference desk and two out-of-town
genealogists arrived to research the man who, in 1896, just happens
to have built the house I own.

How about it?

=====
"My heart is moved by all I cannot save:
So much has been destroyed
I have to cast my lot with those
who, age after age, perversely, with no extraordinary
power, reconstitute the world."  -Adrienne Rich
   Cynthia Van Ness, bettybarcode@yahoo.com
   http://cynthia.is-online.net