2001 UT-Austin Archives Week

The University of Texas SAA Student Chapter is pleased
to announce its annual Archives Week celebration,
October 14-20. With our slogan, "Archives?They?re
Virtually Everywhere!," we celebrate technology and
archives.

Throughout the week, speakers from Canada, Colorado,
Illinois, and Texas will address this topic from
various perspectives. We will end the week with an
Archives Clinic, in which we and the Austin History
Center invite the public to bring their letters,
photographs, old newspapers, and the like for
preservation advice from students in the Archival
Enterprises Program and Preservation and Conservation
Program.

Our Archives Week web page can be found at
www.gslis.utexas.edu/~archweek. Please see our list
events listed below.

Carol Mead
President, SAA-UT Student Chapter

*Archives and the Law
Terry Thompson, Archivist, Anglican Communion of
Canada, speaking Monday, October 15 at 6:30 p.m. in
SZB 556
* E-Archiving and Obsolescence
Debbie Carter, Archivist, George Bush Presidential
Library and Museum, speaking Tuesday, October 16 at
6:30 p.m. in SZB 556
* Corporate Archives and Technology Management
Becky Tousey, Managing Archivist, Kraft Foods
International, speaking Wednesday, October 17 at 6:30
p.m. in SZB 464
* Disaster Response: A Good Time for De-accessioning?
PCS Forum talk by Marlan Green, GSLIS student,
Thursday, October 18 from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. in SZB 556
* Colorado Digitization Project: Imaging and Access
Sue Kriegsman, Operations Coordinator, Colorado
Digitization Project, speaking Thursday, October 18 at
6:30 p.m. in SZB 468
* Archives Clinic
Saturday, October 20, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the
Mayor's Room at the Austin History Center, 9th and
Guadalupe Streets