Arizona Archives Week

The Arizona State Archives is pleased as an archivist with a valuable new
collection to announce Archives Week in Arizona. Institutions and
organizations across the state participate every year by sponsoring
activities in their communities. The State Archives awards one of the
participants with the POP (Preserving Our Past) Award, a plaque
commemorating their efforts to preserve and promote their local history.
The Salt River Project works with the Archives staff to create a poster
every year for Arizona Archives Week

This year's celebration of Arizona's history and culture culminates in our
POP (Preserving Our Past) Fair on October 20. POP Fair 2001 will feature
displays by 58 Arizona archives, museums and historical societies,
fantastic entertainment, many re-enactors (including the entire State
Archives staff), and talks by such people as Wyatt you-know-who, a direct
descendent of the original.

Check out our website at http://www.lib.az.us/archives/index.html for much
more information on Arizona Archives Week, including our newest poster, and
POP Fair 2001, including a pdf image of our brochure.

Michael McColgin
Conservation Officer
Arizona History and Archives Division
mimccol@dlapr.lib.az.us