rare (?) books

First I'd like to thank everyone who helped me with my
8 track and nomenclature questions.

And now for another one.  Our museum has an
overabundence of books from the early 1900's.  Most
came to the museum from the local libraries who either
were discarding them or never entered them into their
system to begin with. The books are mainly novels or
textbooks, although there is a very amusing book on
how women should behave in society (written by a man
of course ;)).  Since the museum doesn't have a
library and these books out since they are fragile,
I'm not sure what to do with all of them.  I have
already pulled out all books dealing with the area but
still have hundreds left.  Has anyone else dealt with
this problem?  The little bit of checking that I have
done tells me the books are worth something in the
collectors circle, which then leads, perhaps, to a
whole other situation of selling them.  I feel like
these books are being wasted here and really want to
find a solution where they are used and stored as they
should be.

Thanks in advance,

Sami Pierson
Archivist