Re: Question for Catholic Archivists

We had this discussion back in '95 and I saved  two postings.

According to a poster from Spain, San Benito de Nursia is called the Patron
Saint of Archivists and Librarian there.  This person was the father of
monasticism and founder of the Monastery at Monte Cassino, where there was
a strong emphasis on book production.

I believe San Benito is also refered to as Saint Benedict.

At 09:29 AM 10/11/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a patron saint of archives and archivists? If
>not, does anyone have any recommendations for a saint to adopt?  Please
>feel free to respond to this off of the list.  Yours, etc.,  Stephen D.
Grinch
>Archivist
>Otterbein College
>+++++++++++++++++++++
>The Otterbein Room
>Courtright Memorial Library
>138 West Main Street
>Westerville, Ohio 43081
>(614) 823 - 1761
>e-mail SGrinch@Otterbein.edu
Beth S. Harris
Special Collections Management Librarian
Wyndham Robertson Library
P. O. Box 9000 / 7950 E. Campus Drive
Hollins University
Roanoke, VA  24020-1000