Re: Researchers in Hiding?

Title: RE: Researchers in Hiding?

Theatres in some places perhaps are experiencing a drop in attendance, but at our theatre we are finding that people who originally planned to travel farther from home are calling for tickets as part of a driving vacation instead.

We also ordinarily have a no refund policy, though members could exchange tickets. We refunded monies to people who were not able to attend our productions for whatever reason in the first few days after Sept. 11. Even so, I believe we refunded less than 150 tickets so far. We have also donated proceeds from some of our performances to the September 11 fund for the families of those lost.

Many people have been happy to be a part of a group experience in the theatre. People are also listening more to the words in the plays according to actors who have been told that by audience members.

Kit Leary
Oregon Shakespeare Festival