Glass cleaner

Hello colleagues ... a former trustee has donated to us a beautifully-framed
enlarged photo of our Class of 1909, including some very distinguished
alumni.  Sweet!
Unfortunately, there is some sticky gunk on the glass of the frame. I've
tried Windex, scraping it with my fingernails -- it doesn't budge. And it
has some grime worked into the sticky gunk, so it's quite visible -- spoils
the effect of the photo. What else can I try that will not be too abrasive?
I don't want to scratch the glass.
Paula Skreslet
Reference/Archives
William Smith Morton Library