Re: Gary and Carla Domitz

Title: RE: Gary and Carla Domitz

Thanks Alan, for your posting.  I was informed of this very sad news yesterday by my old friend and colleague at Utah State, Noel Carmack.

I will always have the fondest memories of Gary.  What a kind soul he was, and how enjoyable and reassuring it was to always see him at the Conference of Intermountain Archivists meetings, and talk nuts-and-bolts archives and go out for a steak.  Gary was one of those people that you are instantly comfortable around.  He told great stories and always had a kind word and was glad to see you.

I'll miss Gary very much.  The world is lucky to have such people in it.

Peter Schmid

Peter F. Schmid, CA
Visual Resources Archivist
Providence Archives