Long Beach, CA: Dinner Nov 3rd. CLA Genealogy & Local History Lib rarians/Archivists

I would like to organize a dinner for genealogy and local history
archivists/librarians during CLA next week.

If you will be attending CLA please join us for dinner on Saturday, November
3rd. We plan to eat at a restaurant near the Aquarium of the Pacific (across
from the Long Beach Convention Center) at 6pm so that we can attend the CLA
reception at the Aquarium later that night.

Several area members of the ALA Genealogy Committee will be attending. It
would be great to get together with other librarians interested in genealogy
and local history.

It will give us a chance to get up to date with the work of the ALA
Genealogy Committee. ProQuest has agreed to sponsor my attending several
library association conferences to increase the effectiveness of the ALA
Genealogy Committee and has agreed to sponsor the dinner. I am really
pleased with the opportunity.

Please RSVP and let me know if you can join us.

All the best,

Tom

Thomas Jay Kemp

Chair, ALA Genealogy Committee