Re: archival poem

I'm reading (very slowly) Hugh Thomas The Slave Trade (New York: Simon &
Schuster, 1997).  I quote from the introduction, page 14:

". . . in the Archivo de Indias in Seville (that best and greatest of imperial
archives, to which the American scholar Irene Wright dedicated a sonnet) .
. ."

Can anyone quote this poem?

Regards,
Larry Hibpshman, Archivist 2
Alaska State Archives

I cannot quote the poem, but I have seen it and can provide the
complete citation:

   Wright, Irene Aloha. ARCHIVO GENERAL DE INDIAS. Sevilla:
   Imprenta Alemana, 1926. [Reprinted from HISPANIC AMERICAN
   HISTORICAL REVIEW 6:1-3 (Feb.-Aug. 1926), 5-8.]

A recent biographical sketch of Irene Wright, including a
bibliography of her writings, is:

   Lamb, Ursula. "Pioneers of Discovery History in the Spanish
   Archives: Alice Gound and Irene Wright: A Memoir." PRIMARY
   SOURCES & ORIGINAL WORKS 2 (1993), 477-497. [Also published
   as DISCOVERY IN THE ARCHIVES OF SPAIN AND PORTUGAL:
   QUINCENTENARY ESSAYS, 1492-1992 (Lawrence J. McCrank, ed.;
   New York: Haworth Press, 1993).]

*****
MIKE WIDENER, Archivist/Rare Books Librarian
Joseph D. Jamail Fellow in Law Librarianship
Tarlton Law Library, School of Law
The University of Texas at Austin
727 E. Dean Keeton Street, Austin, TX 78705-3224
Phone: 512/471-7263; fax: 512/471-0243
E-mail: mwidener@mail.law.utexas.edu

Visit our Web site...
    http://www.law.utexas.edu/rare/rare.htm