Interior Design Archives

We are currently soliciting historical materials relating to interior
design, in an effort to develop a large-scale archives in this field.
In 1906, Parsons School of Design established a department dedicated to
interior design.  As far as we know, this was the first professional
program of its kind in America. (If anyone knows otherwise, please let
me know.)  Therefore, we feel that it is especially appropriate that we
develop our holdings in this area.

I would like to get in touch with any other archives that collect
interior design materials.  I'd be interested to know what types of
items they collect, who uses the collections, whether there is a demand
for the materials, etc.

X. Theodore Barber, Ph.D.
Archivist
The Anna-Maria and Stephen Kellen Archives Center
Gimbel Design Library
Parsons School of Design
New School University
2 West 13th St., 2nd Floor