Re: Late Friday Funny and Question

Well, if you are a man, how about "Back in a shake or two"

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean DeBolt [mailto:ddebolt@MAIL.UWF.EDU]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 4:11 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Late Friday Funny and Question

When I worked on Tuesday evening, I was expecting
an out-of-town student.    This student had driven 50
miles on Saturday to use Special Collections (which is
closed on weekends) since a student worker in Reference
had told her we were open!    So on Monday morning, I
found a very unhappy phone call on my voice mail...and
that this person would come in on Tuesday evening.

So Tuesday evening, at 6:30 p.m. comes, and no users,
I get the call of nature and lock the door and head for the
(looking a back at this sentence no pun intended) head.
As I come out of the rest room later, I see a person at
the door, who has realized they are locked and has a
"kill" look on their face.   I apologize and help this person
who IS the out-of-town person.    But the question is:  I
have never been able to think of a sign for the door for
these situations when only one staff member is here.
"Be Right Back" has been suggested, but most of us know
how overworked that is, and "be right back" can mean one
minute or one hour.   I hesitate to put a "Gone to THE facility"
sign up or one of these cheesy clocks where you move the
hands.

Any suggestions on how others handle this?   :D

Dean

Dean DeBolt
University Librarian
Special Collections and West Florida Archives
John C. Pace Library
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
Tele:  850-474-2213;   Fax:  850-474-3338