archives in the diocese

In the page I've put together for the archives of the Episcopal Diocese of
Western New York (
http://buffalolore.buffalonet.org/episcopal/episcopalarchives.htm)   I
included a general how to put together a parish archive which includes  most
of what is in the post below as well as the canonical records etc. Also the
National Archives of the Episcopal Church has a section on managing parish
records  http://episcopalarchives.org/records.html . I have run into the
situation where the rector doesn't want to save anything including the
parish newsletters which give that day-to-day-week-to-week history or
someone sees all that "old stuff" and throws it out without asking what it
is or why it is being saved--.

Nancy Piatkowski
Archivist, Epsicopal Diocese of Western New York