query - analog to digital conversion & audio file formats for web access

Hello,

I'm hoping some of you could share any experience you have with analog
(cassette) to digital conversion and digital file formats for presentation
of audio on the web.  I have searched the listserv archives and have not
found the type of information that I am looking for.  So, here goes:

For those of you who have converted analog cassettes to digital format, what
program/software have you used?  Why did you chose the program/software?

For those who have made audio available on the web, what file formats are
you using?  Why did you chose to use those formats?

In hind sight, would you have chosen another method of conversion or file
format?

Thank you very much for any information you can share with me.
Sincerely,
Susan Allen

Susan M. Allen - Worthington Memory Project Manager
Worthington Libraries, 820 High St., Worthington, OH 43085
Phone (614)645-2640
Fax (614)645-2629
sallen@worthingtonlibraries.org