Ph.D. research/education opportunity

Please excuse cross postings
Are you or is someone you know interested in pursuing research in archives
and records management?  A Ph.D. program in Archives and Records Management
at the School of Information, University of Michigan may be just what you
are looking for! The theme in the school is the investigation of how new
information technologies are reshaping personal lives, institutions, and
society.

Our Ph.D. program is a full-time 5-year interdisciplinary program with the
largest set of full-time tenure track archives faculty at any university in
the United States.  We do research on records and information resources
management, including the management of electronic records, digital
preservation strategies, user needs, access systems, and a host of other
topics addressing the challenges facing records professionals in the
digital age.

In addition to its strong faculty in archives and records management, SI is
a deeply interdisciplinary program with faculty from the fields of history,
computer science, psychology, public policy, economics, information and
library science. Students may also take advantage of SI's formal alliances
with other schools from across the University, such as business, law,
nursing, and social work.

Accepted students are all fully funded (tuition, stipend and benefits). The
program is full time and students must be on location for the duration. If
you are or if you know of people who are looking for a research degree in
one of the areas spanned by our School, please encourage them to apply. The
deadline for applying is January 15.

Much more information is available on our website:
(http://www.si.umich.edu/academics/doctoral.htm).

Please feel free email or call Beth Yakel (yakel@umich.edu; 734-763-3569)
or David A. Wallace (davwal@umich.edu; 734-647-9550) if you'd like to know
more, or contact the Director of the Doctoral Program: Judy Olson
(jsolson@umich.edu; 734-647-4606).