From: Deborah Wythe [mailto:deborahwythe@HOTMAIL.COM]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 3:24 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: appraisal of videos

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has set down appraisal
guidelines for videotapes. I'm dealing with institutional productions for
which we may have a final production, various edited versions and cuts, and
raw footage. Any given project may have generated from 10 to 20 3/4" tapes
(not to mention dubs). Most of these were produced to be played in the
gallery during an exhibition.

Thanks for your help, as always!

Deborah Wythe
Brooklyn Museum of Art Archives