Notes Re: Executive Order 13233; fun reading, and reminder on airport security

In case you missed the announcement earlier this week by Susan Fox, SAA,
here's the site again:  http://www.archivists.org/news/stephenhorn.html

(snip)
>>STRATEGY MEETING ON PRESIDENTIAL RECORDS ACT EXECUTIVE
ORDER
>> On November 9, 2001 representatives from the historical, archival, and
>> openness in government communities met to discuss President Bush's recent
>> Executive Order #13233,  "Further Implementation of the Presidential
>> Records Act" and its impact on the Presidential Records Act (PRA).  It
>> appears that a law suit will be filed in the near future on behalf of
>> interested organizations and individuals.

And this is one that looks like fun reading!

>> Item #2 - New Book on Student History Exam Foibles: Virtually every
history
>> teacher has horror stories to tell about what students write on
>> exams.  Anders Henriksson, a history professor at Shepherd College in
>> Shepherdstown, West Virginia, has collected into a nifty little book
>> hundreds of student exam flubs, goofs, and gaffes. Examples in "Non
Campus
>> Mentis: World History According to College Students" (Workman Publishing,
>> Sept. 2001) are drawn not just from Shepherd College but from clueless
>> students from all over the United States and Canada. A couple of
examples:
>> "Spartacus led a slave revolt and later was in a movie about it" and "The
>> Civil War began in 1830. Many soldiers repeatedly gave their lives for
>> their country."

And a brief note:  Think very carefully about what you carry-on when
packing.  I have recently discovered that a metal spiral bound notebook when
x-rayed at security shows up as a metal spring looking thing.  Which can be
used in things besides spiral notebooks, if you get my drift.  From now on
I'll stick to tear sheet notepads for the future!

Holly