Re: Where are Bill Mauldin's papers?

I got the following information via a WWII friend, but I dont' know how
accurate it is:

Stars & Stripes wrote:
According to our founder, Mauldin's collection of cartoons is with the
National
Guard Armory in Santa Fe, New Mexico. His papers are still with him, he is in
the hospital in California. Our founder, Jim Mayo, is going to return a
call to
Mauldin's son today and find out more. Delilah Tayloe museum curator

At 03:44 PM 11/20/01 +0000, Jorge Afonso Silva Paulo wrote:
>The 45th Infantry Division Museum (http://www.45thdivisionmuseum.com/)
>acquired Bill Mauldin's personal collection of his World War II cartoons.
>See also http://www.45thdivisionmuseum.com/museumhist.htm, for the museum
>history
>and
>http://www.45thdivisionmuseum.com/Mainmuseum/Mauldin.htm, for the cartoons.
>
>"In 1975, Bill Mauldin gave the Library more than 1,700 original cartoon
>drawings that date from 1938 to 1965 along with his papers", as you can see
>at http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/trm109.html.
>

>Best regards,
>Jorge Afonso
>Archivist
>Loures Municipal Archive
>Portugal
>
>A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List!

>      In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname
>                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES

>     http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html
>
>Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

Rose Welton