How do you use RAIN?

For the past 5 years I have been supplying RAIN to recmgmt-l and the archives listservs. Well next week I am giving a presentation on how news "items...can be used as supporting information, attention-getting illustrations, icebreakers...or the basis for problem statements at the beginning of presentations..."

My presentation is almost complete, but I realized that something was missing. I am missing actual examples of how the news has been used. What I would appreciate from everyone is examples/anecdotes/whatever of how you have used these news stories in your everyday work. I do have some examples from the past but would like some more if possible. I would use them (anonymously of course unless you want to be mentioned) during my presentation.

Anything provided would be greatly appreciated. Please respond directly to me and I will compile all the responses together. Thanks

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
pakurilecz@aol.com
Richmond, Va