From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On
Behalf Of Archives
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 1:35 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Foam Board Conservation

To the members of the listserv:

A conservation question has come up here in our archive about a group of
about 140 photographs that were pasted onto standard lightweight foam board
for purposes of presentation.  The photographs range in size from 5" x 7" to
12" x 16".  Unfortunately we cannot save these photographs the way they are
-- on the foam board -- because of space constraints.  Our question is, what
is the best way to remove the individual photographs from the foam board
backing?  Would anyone know if guidelines exist for this type of paper
removal, or of resources where such guidelines might be found?  Thank you in
advance for you help!

Emily Legutko, Project Archivist
Junior League of the City of New York
130 East 80th Street