Re: Who owns our catalog records?

Dean is correct of course that the purpose of the fruits of our labor is
that it be used. When I talk about not giving it away I am speaking only
of the most extreme cases of profit making. My understanding from the
original posting was that this was the case in the example given. Even
when this is the case I will sometimes negotiate a lower use fee or waive
it entirely if I think that we will gain valuable publicity ( how do you
put a price tag on great PR? ) and that is where proper giving of credit
is so crucial. Dean is also correct that most of these ventures are not
huge money makers, and we always take that into account.

Steve in Denver